To Be African or Not To Be
Time & Location
About the Event
Emotional Emancipation Circles (EECs) are evidence-informed, psychologically sound, culturally grounded, and community-defined self-help support groups designed to help heal the trauma caused by anti-Black racism.
In EECs, we share stories; deepen our understanding of the impact of historical forces on our sense of self-worth, our relationships, and our communities; and learn essential emotional wellness skills to help us be at our best as individuals and as a people.
Cultural Identity Development: Topic: Cultural Identity Development for People of African Descent
Purpose: Expose the Lies and Heal the Soul Wound of Internalized Oppression
Method: Emotional Emancipation Circles
•Deepen our understanding of the impact of historical forces on our emotional lives, our relationships, and the well-being of our communities;
• Free our minds and spirits from the lies of White superiority and Black inferiority, and heal from the historical and continuing trauma of racism;
• Tell ourselves a new, liberating, and empowering story about who we are as people of African ancestry;
• Revitalize ourselves and our relationships with each other;
• Learn and practice essential emotional wellness skills to help us be at our very best-–as individuals and as a people; and
• Develop strategies to extinguish the lies of White superiority and Black inferiority–once and for all.
For more information contact: Kevin Baker projects@Blackboardevents.net
7 Sessions @ 2hours and will begin at 3 pm-5 pm PDT & 6 pm-8pm EDT.
May 08, 2021
May 22, 2021
Jun 05, 2021
Jun 19, 2021
July 10, 2021
July 24, 2021
July 31, 2021
***Time given in Eastern Standard Time—GMT 7:00. Check for local time.
+++Due to the sensitive nature of this process and the events of the current time, this offering is for Black Folks Only to provide a safe, supportive, comfortable space in which to do deep inner work. There will be subsequent retreats open to the general public. Please respect the space.
Dates: May 01, 2021 - Jul 24, 2021
Takes place every 2 weeks, total of 7 sessions
2 hoursSession 1
2 hoursSession 2