To Be African or Not To Be
Time & Location
About the Event
Cultural Identity Development is evidence-informed, psychologically sound, culturally grounded, and community-defined self-help support groups designed to help heal the trauma caused by anti-Black racism.
In Cultural Identity Development, we share stories; deepen our understanding of the impact of historical forces on our sense of self-worth, our relationships, and our communities; and learn essential emotional wellness skills to help us be at our best as individuals and as a people.
•Deepen our understanding of the impact of historical forces on our emotional lives, our relationships, and the well-being of our communities;
• Free our minds and spirits from the lies of White superiority and Black inferiority, and heal from the historical and continuing trauma of racism;
• Tell ourselves a new, liberating, and empowering story about who we are as people of African ancestry;
• Revitalize ourselves and our relationships with each other;
• Learn and practice essential emotional wellness skills to help us be at our very best-–as individuals and as a people; and
• Develop strategies to extinguish the lies of White superiority and Black inferiority–once and for all.