Sat, Feb 06|
To Be African or Not To Be
Explorations in Cultural Identity Development for People of African Descent that Exposes the Lies and Heals the Soul Wound of Internalized Oppression
Time & Location
Feb 06, 2021, 3:00 PM – 5:00 PM PST
About the Event
Cultural Identity Development is evidence-informed, psychologically sound, culturally grounded, and community-defined self-help support groups designed to help heal the trauma caused by anti-Black racism.
In Cultural Identity Development, we share stories; deepen our understanding of the impact of historical forces on our sense of self-worth, our relationships, and our communities; and learn essential emotional wellness skills to help us be at our best as individuals and as a people.
•Deepen our understanding of the impact of historical forces on our emotional lives, our relationships, and the well-being of our communities;
• Free our minds and spirits from the lies of White superiority and Black inferiority, and heal from the historical and continuing trauma of racism;
• Tell ourselves a new, liberating, and empowering story about who we are as people of African ancestry;
• Revitalize ourselves and our relationships with each other;
• Learn and practice essential emotional wellness skills to help us be at our very best-–as individuals and as a people; and
• Develop strategies to extinguish the lies of White superiority and Black inferiority–once and for all.
May 01, 2021
May 15, 2021
May 29, 2021
Jun 12, 2021
Jun 26, 2021
July 10, 2021
July 24, 2021